Software Engineer II-III• Engineering Remote
At Flowhub, we're about more than technology — we're on a mission to make legal cannabis accessible to everyone. Founded in 2015, Flowhub pioneered the first Metrc API integration to help dispensaries stay compliant. Today, over 1,000 dispensaries trust Flowhub's point of sale, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile solutions to process $3B+ cannabis sales annually.
Flowhub creates user-friendly business management and compliance products that increase revenue in the highly regulated cannabis industry. Our Engineering department is highly creative, incredibly resourceful, and obsesses over the user experience.
As a member of the engineering team, you will work closely with our product team in an agile development process. Our development cycle involves TDD, continuous integration and feature flag releases. You will design, create, release and maintain high-quality containerized microservices that deploy to an all-cloud Kubernetes environment.
Who will love this job:
- Pioneers looking to help forge the picks and shovels for the “Green Rush.”
- Crafters who enjoy creating rich, intuitive products that people are delighted to use.
- Problem-solvers eager to make a meaningful impact with production-ready code from day one.
- Team players comfortable working on a small, fast-paced, tight-knit team.
- Engineers with a business sense who understand product and business stakeholders.
- Passionate, customer-focused developers who take pride in the software development craft.
- Regularly deliver high-quality, supportable, scalable apps that our customers love.
- Plan, commit, and execute every sprint.
- Work with other teams to ensure easy operability with backend microservices.
- Develop new software products while maintaining an existing codebase.
- Demonstrate efficiencies and value from working in a test-focused environment.
- Bring a positive attitude to every task.
- Search for the “why?” that drives the things you do.
- Push code to production as often as quality will allow.
- Mentor others in best practices and patterns.
We know from experience that not ticking every box in the qualifications sections stops many from applying. Please apply regardless of your self-assessment – we want to hear from you! We have seen engineers succeed with a diverse range of skills and experiences.
- 2+ years React experience
- Great time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Practical experience supporting production code
- Comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Production issue triage and troubleshooting
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Demonstrable track record of delivering quality results. We love references!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with testing, TDD, and pair programming
- Design-focused web development experience.
- Webpack or other module packaging library experience.
- React-spring or similar animation library.
- Styled components or other CSS-in-JS library.
- Experience with React16 and hooks and Experience maintaining and documenting APIs through tools like swagger
- Advanced web debugging & optimization experience.
- Comfortable working within defined standards for automated testing, code flow, and deployment.
- Comfortable owning support of your production code in a shared-responsibility mode
Compensation: $90-$115k annually
At Flowhub, we envision a future where safe cannabis products are accessible to every adult on planet Earth. Founded in 2015 by CEO Kyle Sherman, Flowhub provides highly regulated retailers with a mission-critical retail operating system that automates complex compliance mandates like transaction limits and state reporting. Our mission is to empower dispensary growth and help business owners achieve their dreams.
Founded in Denver, but fully remote with teams across multiple states, Flowhub is trusted and loved by over 1,000 cannabis retailers and partners across the U.S., processing over $3 billion in cannabis sales annually. As the pioneer and original API integrator to Metrc, the state track and trace system used in most legal cannabis markets, Flowhub helps cannabis retailers automate and simplify business operations through technology to keep companies and government transparent, keep cannabis products off the black market, and build a robust scalable industry that is approachable for all adults and medical patients.
Flowhub is backed by top-tier investors including e.ventures, Evolv Ventures (the Kraft Heinz-backed venture capital fund), and Poseidon Asset Management, as well as Iqram Magdon-Ismail, a co-founder and former CEO of Venmo. Flowhub has raised nearly $45 million in venture funding.
Kyle Sherman is also the founding director of the Cannabis Trade Federation (CTF) & US Cannabis Council (USCC), a national coalition of cannabis-related businesses that represent all aspects of the industry including cultivators, dispensaries, wholesalers, distributors, and ancillary businesses. USCC’s mission is to build a future of legal access to cannabis delivered through an equitable and values-driven industry by advancing cannabis legalization at the federal and state level, and promoting restorative justice for communities harmed by cannabis prohibition.