Marketing Communications Manager• Marketing Flowhub Headquarters (Denver)
Flowhub is on a mission to help cannabis dispensaries simplify operations and unlock business growth. The largest retailers in the industry trust Flowhub to manage inventory, stay compliant, and process $1B+ in cannabis sales annually.
To help establish our industry leadership, we’re looking for a PR and social media obsessed Marketing Communications Manager to join our team of cannabis advocates. Reporting to Flowhub’s Vice President of Marketing, you’ll be responsible for owning our social media marketing strategy, supporting our PR efforts, and spreading our message across a variety channels in order to drive brand awareness, new customer acquisition, and brand loyalty.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding storyteller with strong communications skills and outgoing personality. You are a creative go-getter with a knack for identifying opportunities to participate in trending conversations and respond quickly. You know how to grow a brand following, build relationships, and turn your audience into influential advocates.
If you’re ready to create a movement in an exciting, emerging industry and share our passion for cannabis legalization, then come join us.
- Manage and execute Flowhub's communications strategy across PR and social media channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Write and edit internal and external communications materials including talking points, press releases, blogs, and thought leadership content
- Own the day-to-day relationship and direction for Flowhub's third-party PR agency
- Grow Flowhub’s community following and engagement across channels, targeting cannabis dispensary owners and employees
- Build a brand presence that fosters an empowering community of cannabis advocates that connects on a deeper level beyond our software
- Create original, compelling social media content (written posts, visuals, videos, gifs) that aligns with Flowhub brand guidelines
- Execute viral social media campaigns to spread Flowhub’s company culture, customer success stories, product launches, educational content, and other marketing initiatives
- Strategically utilize hashtags, tagging, sharing, following, commenting, reposting, and other trending social media tactics
- Elevate CEO Kyle Sherman’s social media presence as a micro-influencer and thought leader in the cannabis industry
- Respond to questions across social media platforms in a timely manner and escalate issues to appropriate teams as necessary
- Track and analyze social media performance to continually optimize strategy based on data and develop reporting to share insights on a regular basis
- Develop a backlink strategy to drive referral traffic to Flowhub’s website
- Participate in community conversations across the web by commenting on relevant blog posts, press articles, Quora questions, cannabis forums, Reddit threads, and social media
- Support the marketing team in planning and executing community meetups, events, and webinars
- Minimum of 3 years in-house or agency experience in corporate communications and social media marketing for B2B tech companies
- Exceptional writing skills and excellent grammar
- Experience working directly with senior executives and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Previous experience managing the publishing calendar, content, image creation and other day-to-day social media activities for an active brand
- Expert knowledge of social media platform best practices and content trends
- Strong portfolio of cross-channel social media campaigns and ability to effectively engage target audiences
- Proficiency in social media management and tracking tools such as Buffer, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, etc.
- Familiarity with design tools like Sketch or Photoshop
- Cannabis industry experience a plus
- Self-starter and desire to work with an agile, fast-paced team
- Competitive salary + stock
- Full health benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Flexible time off policy
- All the tools you need to be successful at your job
- Startup environment with modern and central office space (WeWork Union Station)
- Free coffee and kombucha on tap
- Opportunities to learn, grow, and advance your career
- Fun, energetic team that shares a love for cannabis