MJBizCon is the largest cannabis conference in the world.
Over 20,000 cannabis professionals and over 1,000 exhibitors are gathering together November 14th-16th to move the industry forward. Whether it’s your first time going to Las Vegas for the legendary MJBizCon, or you’re an old pro, this year will bring more action than ever before. With California, Nevada, and Canada now fully legal, and increased interest from east coast territories, your cannabis dispensary is in luck this year.
As a retailer, MJBizCon is a hot opportunity to accomplish one (or all) of the below objectives:
- Initiating and revisiting contact with the top product brands and cannabis companies in the industry
- Creating and maintaining relationships with retail tech and service providers
- Attending all-new sessions to learn the latest retail strategies and hear from cannabis industry experts
- Taking a chance and meeting totally new people at networking after-events
The rest is up to you! However, being the helpful folks that we are here at Flowhub, we put together a list of highlights to help you navigate the biggest conference of the year.
Make sure to visit us at Booth #4059 before embarking on your amazing MJBizCon journey! We’ll be giving away a free HP Engage One Hardware kit ($2,300 value) and running a special discount for new customers.
Booths to see
As a retailer at MJBizCon, it’s important to optimize your company’s time. After all, there are hundreds of booths to see, and only so much time to make those meaningful connections.
Making sure your shelves stay stocked with only the best can be a unique challenge. MJBizCon is the perfect time to make personal connections with cultivators and manufacturers. Iconic brands such as Cresco Labs, Eel River Organics, GFarmaBrands and Pax will all be in the house to discuss their unique product lines—and how you can stock your shelves with them.
The marijuana industry needs more than product to operate; the “picks and shovels” of the industry are equally important in scaling up your retail business. Companies like Boveda, Bud Bar Displays, Calyx Containers, Kush Bottles, True Terpenes, and more will be in attendance to show how their services can help you provide the ideal customer experience while respecting your bottom line.
Of course, there are also hundreds of technology-based companies who cater to the cannabis industry, and they will be exhibiting as well. These services can help your dispensary stay organized, compliant and “in the green” throughout 2019. The biggest names in cannabis data intelligence and custom compliance software, such as BDS Analytics, Headset, iheartjane, LeafLink, Leafly, springbig, Wurk, and of course, our Flowhub team will all be showing off our newest tech on the conference floor.
- Cresco Labs, Booth #2178 - Multi-state cultivator, manufacturer, and retailer based in Chicago
- Eel River Organics, Booth #2479 - Humboldt County cultivator & extractor
- GFarmaBrands, Booth #2319 - Manufacturer of cannabis-infused beverages and more
- PAX, Booth #4337 - Leader in portable heat-not-burn vaporization technology
- Boveda, Booth #3451 - Leader in 2-way humidity control for packaging
- Bud Bar Displays, Booth #2122 - Cannabis displays and fixtures
- Calyx Containers, Booth #4062 - Cannabis packaging and inventory management
- Kush Bottles, Booth #2919 - Sales and distribution platform
- True Terpenes, Booth #1361 - The world’s largest Terpene supply company
Data, Tech & Consulting
- BDS Analytics, Booth #3977 - The indispensable source for cannabis industry market research and insight
- Canna Advisors, Booth #2943 - Cannabis business consulting agency
- Headset, Booth #3970 - Real-time business intelligence and analytics
- Flowhub, Booth #4059 - Compliant point of sale software for cannabis dispensaries
- iheartjane.com, Booth #3677 - Online marketplace where consumers can order cannabis
- Leaflink, Booth #3244 - The largest marketplace for cannabis brands and retailers
- Leafly, Booth #1329 - The world’s cannabis information resource
- springbig, Booth #3672 - Dispensary loyalty and SMS messaging software
- Wurk, Booth #3137 - Workforce management for the highly regulated cannabis industry
Sessions to watch
One of the best parts of MJBizCon is the chance to hear about the latest cannabis industry issues and solutions, directly from the leaders of top companies.
We suggest seeing our fearless CEO and Founder, Kyle Sherman, speak on the compliance panel on Thursday. Aside from that, here are a few intriguing sessions relevant for retailers that our team recommends attending.
Wednesday, November 14th
9:00 am - 9:30 am, State of the Industry: Developments, Data & Trends
Speaker: Chris Walsh, Founding Editor & Vice President at Marijuana Business Daily
10:45 am - 11:15 am, Bulletproofing Your Business, The Big Boys are Coming, Are You Ready?
Speaker: Codie Sanchez, Partner & CPG Investor at CS Ventures
Thursday, November 15th
9:30 am - 10:20 am, Five Lessons from Five Years of Adult-Use Sales in a Trailblazing State
10:30 am - 11:20 am, Vision and Values: Using Culture to Develop Budtenders as Brand Drivers & Retain Talent
- Lilach Mazor Power, Founder & Managing Director at Giving Tree Wellness Center
- Aviv Hadar, Co-founder & CEO at Oregrown
11:30 am - 12:20 pm, Make it Work: Strategies for Designing a Top-Notch Dispensary
- Bob Groesbeck, Co-CEO at Planet 13 Holdings
- Rosie Rothrock, VP at Brand & Marketing, Caliva
- Brooks Lustig, COO at Seed & Smith
1:00 pm - 1:50 pm, Compliance: Lessons from the Real World
- Joe Hodas, Chief Operating Officer at General Cannabis
- Kyle Sherman, Founder & CEO at Flowhub
- Sandra Elkind, Co-founder & CCO at STO Responsible
Friday, November 16th
10:30 am - 11:20 am, Cracking Social Media for Cannabis Brands
Speaker: Natalie Cupps DiBlasi, Co-founder & Executive Director-Digital Marketing, Media & Strategy at LACED Agency
11:30 am - 11:55 am, Community, Collaboration & Developing Women’s Equity in Cannabis
- Rosie Mattio, Founder at Rosie Mattio Public Relations
- Amy T. Margolis, Director at The Commune & The Initiative
- Kyra Reed, Founder at Markyr Digital
Parties and networking events to attend
After the conference floor is closed for the day, there are more solid industry connections to be made at the many after-parties being planned for the week. Luckily, Las Vegas provides an outstanding nighttime backdrop for fun and networking! Don’t worry about breaking the bank - some of these opportunities offer free admission to those who arrive first.
Additionally, some of these venues are private, so an advance RSVP is ideal in order to locate venue and ensure entry for you and your colleagues.
Wednesday, November 14th
The Grasslands Party (Free with RSVP)
8 pm - 1am, Private Venue
A private gathering for thought leaders in the legal cannabis industry, hosted by Ricardo Baca, founder of The Cannabist & CEO of full-service communications firm Grasslands: A Journalism-Minded Agency. The Grasslands Party is all about solidifying connections and instigating conversations with industry leaders, cocktails and small bites at a never-before-rented private venue in Las Vegas, less than 10 minutes from the Strip. The presenting sponsor of the 2018 Grasslands Parties is cannabis-infused product company Manna Molecular Science, a science-first licensed business you should know. VIP sponsor Hoban Law Group is one of America's leading cannabis and hemp business law firms.
Thursday, November 15th
Fall 2018 Investor Meet & Greet Reception by Leafbuyer Technologies (Free with RSVP)
5:30 pm - 8 pm, SpringHill Suites by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center: 2989 Paradise Road
An informal reception is welcome to current and potential shareholders. Founders and members of the executive team are excited to meet the public and provide insight into the history and future of Leafbuyer. Light hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be served. There are no scheduled events, so guests are welcome to stop by anytime between 5:30pm - 8:00pm.
Cannabis Wonderland by Vista Prime Distribution (Free with RSVP)
6 pm - 2 am, The Artisan Hotel Boutique: 1501 West Sahara Avenue
One of Southern California’s top infused product companies presents an evening to honor the faces of this industry - the budtenders!
- Different Wonderland theme in each room
- Media coverage by High Times featured on their website and High Times TV
- Themed Drinks available at each of our 5 bars throughout the venue
- European Pool
- UltraVIP Lounge
- Complimentary Valet for all guests
- Live DJ
MJBizCon Official Women’s Networking Reception ($49)
5 pm - 7 pm, Las Vegas Convention Center
A large and expanding percentage of power brokers of cannabis are female entrepreneurs and business leaders. This Women’s Networking Reception is a continuation of efforts to further the industry and support professionals within it. Bringing together and recognizing the importance, leadership and influence of women in the cannabis industry. Network with other top women business leaders in the cannabis industry and celebrate the significant advancements and accomplishments female professionals are making today and tomorrow.
Enjoy the show!
Whether you’re going to MJBizCon for the first time or are a seasoned pro, it’s helpful to have a game plan going in. Be sure to rest up, wear comfortable shoes, hydrate, and most of all, enjoy yourself!
Download the free conference app to keep track of sessions and the 1000+ exhibitor map. Register today if you haven't already. This is the fastest growing retail trade show—you don't want to miss it! See you on the inside.
You may also like...
Track Dispensary Performance Trends with Store Dashboards
10 December 2018 | 5 min read