HR Generalist• People Operations Remote
Flowhub is looking to bring on an entrepreneurial HR generalist that wants to get in on the ground floor of a fast-paced and ever-growing technology startup that services the legal cannabis industry.
The Human Resource Generalist will serve as the tactical arm of Flowhub HR department. The daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department include hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, acting as a point of contact to the general company for HR matters, overseeing performance management systems and enforcing company policies and practices. This role will report to work directly with the Head of HR.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Works with recruiting department to ensure proper background checks and employment verification tasks are completed.
- Assists in new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with typical office suite software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
Salary range $55k - $65k