Head of Business Operations & Strategy• Operations Remote
We’re looking for a Head of Business Operations + Strategy to help our teams proactively address a diverse array of cross-functional business challenges.
The Head of Business Operations will drive cross-functional initiatives focused on a wide range of topics including but not limited to enhancing the customer experience, optimizing operational activities, improving key performance indicators across the business, driving organizational strategy, and more.
The ideal candidate will have a broad business background, including experience working with and in B2B software startups. In addition, the ideal candidate must have a track record of delivering strong results and working across functions with stakeholders of all levels of seniority and tenure.
- Improve company operations through identification and execution of initiatives that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business
- Partner with functional leaders to help them optimize their operations through systems, process, and structural modifications
- Drive projects with data-driven approach to generate analytical insights across company, market, and industry performance
- Coordinate cross-functional operating meetings, and other meetings/programs that facilitate swift and effective project management across the company
- Identify hotspots in the business that require intervention and proactively investigate, strategize, and implement solutions with those business leaders
- Analyze the data relevant to any project or focus area; run your own queries, build your own dashboards, build your own Pivot Tables
- Partner with our finance, sales, and revenue ops organizations to standardize and distribute the key operating metrics for the business
- Serve as a go-to trusted business partner for sales and cross functional partners; develop strong collaborative relationships across all teams to drive analytical and/or planning initiatives
- Drive operational reviews and rhythm of business, lead business analysis including revenue, customer, and market analysis
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of work experience involving analytical rigor as typically seen in, but not restricted to, functions like finance, business operations, or industries such as consulting and banking
- Program Management and Operations experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working in a startup or boutique environment
- Experience managing a team or leading in some capacity with proven positive results
- Problem solving and analysis experience solving business problems (commercial, operational, organizational)
- Experience presenting business and technical content to peers and general audiences
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets for running data analysis and building quantitative models for business decision making,
- Experience building and managing relationships with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
Who You Are
- Highly productive with a propensity to take meaningful responsibility and initiative for shaping and executing our strategy with limited oversight
- Structured in thinking and approach, developing and leveraging frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment across various stakeholders, and identify 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without analysis overload.
- Skilled in analysis and presentation with an ability to synthesize complex findings into crisp recommendations; present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences
- An expert at prioritization and time management
- Energized by teamwork and skilled in cross-functional collaboration
- Motivated to work hard and drive results with a lean towards speed
- Experience at a top strategy consulting firm, investment bank, and/or operating experience in enterprise software or SaaS highly preferred.
This role will have a day-to-day focus on providing analytical, strategic, and operational support for Flowhub’s Operations team. This will involve analyzing market level and industry level data and defining go-to-market strategies and programs, and leading annual planning across teams. This person will work cross-functionally with several organizations within Flowhub (including Marketing, Product Support, Customer Success, Revenue Operations, Finance, and Sales), with the primary objective of enabling leadership to make analytically driven and strategic operating decisions. To be successful in this role the individual will be intellectually curious, a fast learner, analytical, comfortable with ambiguity and working independently, able to focus on the details while thinking strategically, and remaining focused on high impact projects.