Director of People Ops• People Operations Remote
Director of People Ops
At Flowhub, we're about more than technology — we're on a mission to make legal cannabis accessible to everyone. Founded in 2015, Flowhub pioneered the first Metrc API integration to help dispensaries stay compliant. Today, over 1,000 dispensaries trust Flowhub's point of sale, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile solutions to process $3B+ cannabis sales annually. We exist to make safe cannabis products accessible to every adult on planet Earth.
We are seeking a remote-experienced people ops leader to report directly to our CFO! This is an opportunity to own, grow and develop HR processes and procedures. In this high-profile role, you will touch all facets of human resources - from organizational development to recruiting to employee retention - as you partner with senior management to grow our business units and manage talent. The ideal candidate will possess the strategic vision and tactical skills to define and develop our all-remote company culture and have experience working with a Professional Employment Organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages process to remotely recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions.
- Provides guidance on organizational structures, remote workforce planning and succession planning.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Plans and conducts remote new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards company and organizational goals.
- Coordinates salary surveys to determine competitive wage rate, contributes to the creation of compensation strategies, and manages the annual variable compensation process.
- Identifies training needs and coordinates leadership and management training.
- Manages performance measurement process and merit increase activity.
- Evaluates annual benefit costs, recommend appropriate benefit packages to management, and manages open enrollment.
- Manages equity based compensation activity.
- Develops policy and related documentation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Prepares budget for employee costs.
- Coordinates employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services.
- Supports Mergers and Acquisitions, including due diligence and integration.
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent; or 5+ years related experience as an HR leader or equivalent role. Previous experience with high tech and/or high growth companies is preferred. Previous experience of working with a Professional Employer Organization is preferred.
- PHR or equivalent certification preferred.
- Must have experience managing HR in a remote-workforce and be able to perform all functions of their role remotely
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans
At Flowhub, we envision a future where safe cannabis products are accessible to every adult on planet Earth. Founded in 2015 by CEO Kyle Sherman, Flowhub provides highly regulated retailers with a mission-critical retail operating system that automates complex compliance mandates like transaction limits and state reporting. Our mission is to empower dispensary growth and help business owners achieve their dreams.
Founded in Denver, but fully remote with teams across multiple states, Flowhub is trusted and loved by over 1,000 cannabis retailers and partners across the U.S., processing over $3 billion in cannabis sales annually. As the pioneer and original API integrator to Metrc, the state track and trace system used in most legal cannabis markets, Flowhub helps cannabis retailers automate and simplify business operations through technology to keep companies and government transparent, keep cannabis products off the black market, and build a robust scalable industry that is approachable for all adults and medical patients.
Flowhub is backed by top-tier investors including e.ventures, Evolv Ventures (the Kraft Heinz-backed venture capital fund), and Poseidon Asset Management, as well as Iqram Magdon-Ismail, a co-founder and former CEO of Venmo. Flowhub has raised nearly $45 million in venture funding.
Kyle Sherman is also the founding director of the Cannabis Trade Federation (CTF) & US Cannabis Council (USCC), a national coalition of cannabis-related businesses that represent all aspects of the industry including cultivators, dispensaries, wholesalers, distributors, and ancillary businesses. USCC’s mission is to build a future of legal access to cannabis delivered through an equitable and values-driven industry by advancing cannabis legalization at the federal and state level, and promoting restorative justice for communities harmed by cannabis prohibition.