Data Engineer• Engineering Remote
At Flowhub, we're about more than technology — we're on a mission to make legal cannabis accessible to everyone. Founded in 2015, Flowhub pioneered the first Metrc API integration to help dispensaries stay compliant. Today, over 1,000 dispensaries trust Flowhub's point of sale, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile solutions to process $3B+ cannabis sales annually. We exist to make safe cannabis products accessible to every adult on planet Earth.
Flowhub creates user-friendly business management and compliance products that increase revenue in the highly regulated cannabis industry. Our Engineering department is highly creative, incredibly resourceful, and obsesses over the user experience.
We are seeking a Data Developer specializing in Big Data and Data Integration in Denver. The successful candidate will work with the enterprise data teams within the organization and will be accountable for the design and development of data pipelines, processes and integrations. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker always willing to learn, with strong analytics background and team player, comfortable working at a fast pace, and carries considerable experience with enterprise data implementations, data integration, data management, advanced analytic software applications, excellent knowledge of technical concepts, and knowledge of metadata management, data privacy and compliance requirements (HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR) as well as Service Oriented Architecture. In addition, the candidate is comfortable prototyping and quickly iterating in a notebook-based environment to understand data structures, troubleshoot data integrity issues and provide quick insights to stakeholders.
- At least 4 years of experience working with relational datasets as a data engineer.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB.
- Experience with Python data stack is required. This includes but is not limited to NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, Plotly, Flask, SQLAlchemy.
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools is required, with Airflow being a big plus.
- Experience with a cloud technology stack is required, with GCP being a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with BigQuery is highly preferred but not required.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in implementing big data solutions using GCP services.
- Able to recommend appropriate data processing and storage solutions on the GCP stack
- Ability to develop and maintain a data REST or GraphQL API using Flask
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Dataflow.
- Experience with big data processing tools such as Spark or Kafka
Compensation: $115k to $120k
At Flowhub, we envision a future where safe cannabis products are accessible to every adult on planet Earth. Founded in 2015 by CEO Kyle Sherman, Flowhub provides highly regulated retailers with a mission-critical retail operating system that automates complex compliance mandates like transaction limits and state reporting. Our mission is to empower dispensary growth and help business owners achieve their dreams.
Founded in Denver, but fully remote with teams across multiple states, Flowhub is trusted and loved by over 1,000 cannabis retailers and partners across the U.S., processing over $3 billion in cannabis sales annually. As the pioneer and original API integrator to Metrc, the state track and trace system used in most legal cannabis markets, Flowhub helps cannabis retailers automate and simplify business operations through technology to keep companies and government transparent, keep cannabis products off the black market, and build a robust scalable industry that is approachable for all adults and medical patients.
Flowhub is backed by top-tier investors including e.ventures, Evolv Ventures (the Kraft Heinz-backed venture capital fund), and Poseidon Asset Management, as well as Iqram Magdon-Ismail, a co-founder and former CEO of Venmo. Flowhub has raised nearly $45 million in venture funding.
Kyle Sherman is also the founding director of the Cannabis Trade Federation (CTF) & US Cannabis Council (USCC), a national coalition of cannabis-related businesses that represent all aspects of the industry including cultivators, dispensaries, wholesalers, distributors, and ancillary businesses. USCC’s mission is to build a future of legal access to cannabis delivered through an equitable and values-driven industry by advancing cannabis legalization at the federal and state level, and promoting restorative justice for communities harmed by cannabis prohibition.