Agile Coach• Engineering Flowhub - Headquarters (Denver)
You will serve and coach the teams as an expert on agile methods and challenge leadership to model the values and principles of Agile while coaching team members in best practices to consistently deliver customer value to their end users.
Work with and coach Leadership, Product Managers, and Teams across engineering and the business organization in their roles and in the values, principles, and best practices of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban to create a state of the art Agile organization. Work directly with agile development teams in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
About the role:
- Facilitating Scrum meetings including Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Refinement, and Daily Standups
- Coaches teams through Agile ceremonies.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
- Gauges team performance through partnership with tech leads and product managers, identify team improvements, and identify/assess levers to accelerate team`s transformation to improve productivity and quality
- Leads estimation, feature rollout strategies, and prioritization meetings/workshops
- Be a leader and facilitator of team discussion and meetings, team decision-making, team maturity
- Managing and releasing team sprint metrics related to velocity, quality, commitments, etc.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on refining and maintaining the product backlog, IT initiatives, and technical debt.
- Managing Risk, and Sprint Commitments
- Identifies emerging best practices and issues, and works with all partners to help implement improvements to agile methods and practices
- Participates in or leads complex problem solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, and align implementation of solutions leading to desired outcomes
- Anticipates and identifies issues, and provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity
- Servant leader mentality
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies as typically acquired through a Bachelors` degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 6 years` experience in coaching multiple teams.
- Previous experience as an Agile Coach, scrum master or product owner required. Knowledge of relevant domains/products preferred
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Professional, Agile Certified Professional, or similar preferred
- Proven experience with agile methods, preferably implementing large-scale transformations in different contexts
- Ability to engage relevant stakeholders across functions to mitigate team impediments
- Solid repertoire of coaching techniques
- Strong communication skills with ability to process and explain complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Ability to manage projects spanning multiple products
- and geographies
- Ability to collaborate and work in a fast paced startup environment