Senior React Engineer• Engineering Flowhub - Headquarters (Denver)
Flowhub designs and builds user-friendly business management and compliance products crafted specifically for the regulated cannabis industry.
Our Engineering department is highly creative, incredibly resourceful, and obsesses over delivering quality user experiences. Being on the cusp of an emerging industry with an ever-changing regulatory framework necessitates that we cultivate a team of individuals that not only are tuned into the cannabis industry but can also pivot quickly.
Our Engineers are highly focused on delivering world-class user experiences. Our applications increase efficiency and provide an intuitive approach to completing a myriad of tasks related to the cannabis industry
As a member of the engineering team you will work closely with our Product Managers in an agile based development process with 2 week sprint cycles. You will be creating and maintaining high quality code and collaborating with the development team to solve unique challenges that arise from operating in the cannabis industry.
Who will love this job:
- Pioneers looking to help forge the picks and shovels for the “Green Rush”
- Crafters who enjoy creating rich intuitive products that people are delighted to use.
- Winner who enjoys the pressure of having nowhere to hide -- make a meaningful impact with production ready code from day one.
- Team players comfortable working on a small, tight-knit team (3-6) or going it alone on a skunkworks project.
- Engineers able to look at proposed solutions from a product and business perspective -- the capacity to put yourself into the shoes of product and business stakeholders.
- Deliver high-quality, timely, supportable, scalable and maintainable code on a routine basis that our customers love.
- Ensure that assigned tasks are completed in the allotted time and communicate any potential conflicts that could affect delivery dates.
- Work with other teams and devops to ensure easy operability with backend microservices
- Developing new software products while maintaining an existing codebase.
- Work in a test-focused development environment, while realizing the value that brings
- Bring a positive/can-do attitude to every task
- Search for why? behind the things that you do
- Push code to production as often as quality will allow
- Mentor others in best practices and usage patterns you have seen success with over the years
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- 3+ years recent professional experience in a full-time role
- UI Accessibility (a11y)
- Advanced Functional programming patterns in es6+
- Unit & Integration test framework experience (Jest, Cypress, etc)
- Advanced understanding of CSS style rules
- Good time-management skills
- Design focused web development experience
- Webpack or other module packaging library experience
- React-spring or similar animation library
- Styled components or other Css-in-Js library
- React hooks & latest API experience
- Advanced Web debugging & optimization experience
- Comfortable in a DevOps environment
About the Company
Our CEO, Kyle Sherman, worked as a cannabis compliance officer and experienced the problems with cannabis business software first hand. Frustrated by the platform his vertically integrated supply chain was using, he searched for something better. When his search failed him, he became fueled by a passion to create a system that would accelerate workflows, increase accuracy, and simplify compliance — ultimately allowing legalization to expand nationally.
In early 2015 Kyle began to build a team who shared his passion for cannabis, technology, and problem solving and started lobbying for a metrc™ open API. Headquartered in Downtown Denver, we’ve positioned ourselves on the front lines alongside large scale growers and dispensary owners in order to design the best possible product for the industry. We don’t settle for good enough. Our all-star team has left nothing unconsidered.